I am a real lover of sea bass, in fact I think it may be my all time favourite fish. So tonight it was centre stage- simply grilled with a little seasoning to bring out the delicate flavour.
To give the fish something crispy to sit on top of I made some artichoke and potato rostis. I had bought the Jerusalem artichokes from a farm shop to make a recipe for an artichoke and almond rosti. However, it turned out I was all out of almonds so I had to experiment at the last minute!
Artichoke and Potato Rossi
2 small Jerusalem artichokes
2 small, floury potatoes
1 small egg, beaten
1 tbsp, plain flour
salt & pepper
- simply grate the veggies together, coarsely- I do this in the food processor
- squeeze out any excess moisture from the veg- I put the veg in a clean tea towel and gave it a good squeeze!
- Pop the veg into a large bowl, then mix in the egg, flour and seasoning
- shape into small, flattened patties
- fry in a large frying pan until golden on both sides
The sea bass sat happily on top of the crispy rosti, and an accompaniment of some tomatoes and a green salad rounded off a lovely, light and delicious Friday night meal. If only we were off work tomorrow!!!
Leave a Reply