Tonight’s dinner comes from a new addition to the Library- Jez Felwick’s The Bowler’s Meatball Cookbook. I had seen this book reviewed in several of this months food magazines and it is just up my street. The balls are not only meat- there are fish and veggie balls, as well as all the accompaniments and sauces. Highly recommended!
Tonight we tried Great Balls of Fire, with a Red Onion and Tomato Sauce
Mine is on the right with all the salad!
The meal was delicious- the balls juicy and the sauce spicy, really yummy. Here’s the recipe for the balls. I’ve slightly adapted it from the main to reduce the number of balls made.
200g pork mince
200g beef mince
2 garlic cloves, chopped
handful fresh coriander, chopped
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chilli flakes
- heat the oven to 200.
- in a bowl whisk together the ricotta and egg. Add the meat, breadcrumbs, garlic, coriander, salt and chilli. Min with your hands until well combined.
- form the mixture into meatballs- whatever size you like.
- bake in the oven for 15 mins, turning half way through.
- meanwhile you will have been making your sauce- a spicy tomato sauce is good, or the red onion and tomato sauce from the book.
- add the balls to the sauce and simmer for 15 mins.
There are many more recipes ear marked from this great addition to the library.
Leave a Reply