Love is in the air!!!!!
We both managed to get the day off which may be a first on Valentines for us so Colin took me out for a lovely lunch at Antica Broca in St Margarets- a favourite Italian we are lucky to live near. I’ll write it up on the restaurant page as soon as I get a chance. A lovely day!
For dinner we wanted something a bit spicy, and I got a bit carried away with the chilli and my mouth has not quite recovered….
These filled lettuce leaves may look innocent enough but, believe me, they pack a punch! Here’s the recipe:
150g pork mince
150g beef mince
1 garlic clove, chopped
2cm piece of ginger, chopped finely
2 red chillis, chopped- test to see how hot they are first!!!
1 tbsp fish sauce
zest and juice of 1 lime
6 spring onions, chopped
2 little gem lettuces
Dressing/ Dipping Sauce:
1 tbsp soy sauce
juice 1/2 lime
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 red chilli, chopped
fresh coriander leaves, chopped
1 tsp fish sauce
- dry fry the meat in a frying pan with a little salt and pepper until brown.
- add the garlic, ginger and chilli and stir for a couple of mins.
- add the fish sauce, lime and spring onions, stir through and take off the heat.
- mix all the dressing ingredients together and put in a small bowl.
- separate the lettuce leaves and lie on a plate. Fill with the spicy mixture.
- Eat- drizzling a little sauce over the meat.
Colin has made this lots of times before, mainly for lunch, and it has always been lovely. Too hot today- all my fault! It’s usually Colin that over does the chillis!!!
Last night I was late night so no dinner for me. Colin had a pie and mash- no horse in there as far as I am aware…..