Yesterday and today have been a tale of 2 curries! Last night was Colin’s curry night and he made 2 veggie curries- it is his New Years Resolution to cook much more often so this was his first offering of 2013.
The 1st curry was a roasted veggie stew, with cauliflower, courgettes, carrots, onions and tomatoes. The 2nd was a spicy dal. As you can see Colin was stressed while cooking but it was a triumph, and I am so happy that there are leftovers for my late night at work on Friday!
Tonight was my turn and I made a Keralan Fish Curry. Here’s the recipe:
For 2 hungry people!
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
1 green chilli
handful curry leaves
1 in piece ginger, grated
2 small onions, chopped
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1/2 tin coconut milk
400g cod, haddock or monkfish, cut into chunks
1 tbsp lemon juice
- heat a little vegetable oil in a large pan and fry the mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, chilli, curry leaves and ginger for 2 mins.
- add the onions to the pan and fry for 10 mins.
- add the chilli powder, turmeric, tomatoes and coconut milk, season and simmer for 30 mins till nice and thick.
- add the chunks of fish and poach in the yummy sauce until cooked- about 10 mins.
- sprinkle with lemon juice and chopped coriander.
Here’s how it looked…. (but it tasted much, much better!)
Tomorrow no new nice dinner as working late (got yummy leftovers)- but good plans for the weekend!
This fish curry sounds delicious! I’m gonna have to cook it. Poor Colin with his pet lip! Bet he was happier when he ate all the yummy food xx